How your personal information is used: Tankerton Dental Centre collects your information in order to assist you with your enquiry and only stores relevant personal information. Tankerton Dental Centre recognises and appreciates the importance of responsible use of information collected on this site.
Your choices with respect to personal information: Personal information you provide is never used to inform you of other products, services and special offers available from autism london or third-parties. Tankerton Dental Centre reserves the right to provide aggregate data to third-parties for statistical analysis. Such data will not be linked to any particular individuals.
How we use your personal information
Tankerton Dental Centre must respect your confidentiality and comply with the Data Protection Act 1998. We must, among other things, ensure information held abut you is only used for specific purposes allowed by law. Your information will not be transferred overseas. Here are some questions you might ask about what information we hold, why and to whom it may be passed.
What personal information do you hold about me?
- Basic details such as name, address and next of kin
- Records of all contact we have with you, any treatment and care you have received
- Results of investigations for example X-rays
- Information from other health professionals
Why do you need my personal information?
We keep records so that:
- we can contact you for preventative treatment
- Information is available should you be referred to other health care providers
- There is a good basis to assess the treatment you receive
- So that your concerns can be investigated if you need to complain
Are my records used in any other way?
We may also use your information to:
- Obtain payment for the treatment we provided
- Investigate complaints or serious incidents
- Make sure our service can meet future needs
- Prepare statistics on our performance
- Review our care to ensure it is of high standard
- Conduct health research and development
How do you store my records?
We create and hold your records electronically and in hard copy form where necessary. Electronic records have a number of benefits:
- You will only need to give your details once
- It will be easier to control who has access to records
- Records will be more accurate and up to date
- It will be easier for staff to book appointments and make referrals.
Can information be shared without my consent?
Your information may not be shared without your consent except in a number of limited circumstances when we are legally bound to do so for example;
- Where there is a danger of harm to a child or vulnerable adult
- As a result of a court order
- When it is absolutely necessary for the prevention or detection of crime or apprehension of prosecution of offenders
- Reporting notifiable infection diseases
- Where there is a serious risk to the public or staff
Your Data Rights
Your right to access – you have the right to ask for copies of your personal information
Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. Your also have the right for us to complete information you think is incomplete
Your right to erasure – you have the right to erase your personal information in certain circumstances
Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to Data Portability – You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have 1 month to respond to you. Please contact us at Tankerton Dental Centre on 01227 282829 firstname.lastname@example.org 244 Tankerton Dental Centre Tankerton CT5 2AY.
All patients can opt out of their Data being used for other purposes. See our Data Opt out operational Policy for further guidance.
Your consent is needed for us to share your information unless exceptional conditions apply. We will ask you to sign our patient privacy consent form for collection, use and Disclosure of personal information form. You have the right to refuse or change your mind at any time, however this may affect the treatment that is available to you.
How we keep patient records confidential?
Everyone working within the practice has a legal duty to keep information about you confidential. There are strict codes of conduct in place to ensure your information is safe, whether it is on paper or computer. Staff must abide by;
- Data Protection Act 1998
- Common Law Duty of Confidence
- NHS Code of Confidentiality
Can I get a copy of my records?
You have rights under the Data Protection Act to access your medical records or authorise a representative to do so. We would need a written request to allow you access. Information may be withheld if we believe it could harm your physical or mental health.
How can I complain about the way Tankerton Dental Centre handles my information?
If you are unhappy with the way we have deal with your information, please contact the Head dental nurse: Natalie Towler – Tankerton, Dental Centre 244 Tankerton Road CT5 2AY 01227 282829 email@example.com
You can also complain to the Information Commissioner’s office if you are unhappy with how we used your data- The address is; Information Commissioner’s office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF 0303 1231113
A copy of our Practice Data Protection Policy can be provided upon request